Your Questions About Permanent Residency In Canada For Students

Donna asks…

Can an F-1 student who has applied for permanent residency in the united states, travel to Canada for a week?

I am an F-1 student studying in the US. Last year my wife applied for my permanent residency in the US. I am planning to travel to Canada for a week’s visit. Would I be able to do that? My concern is that if I go to Canada, will the US authorities allow me to get back into the US or will they directly tell to go back to my home country since I have applied for an immigration……

Diana answers:

Leaving the country can jeopardize your application for permanent residency. You should really contact the office you sent your application to.
Ruth asks…

I’m studying in Canada under a student visa, when can I start applying for permanent residency?

This is my first year,and I’m orginally an American citizen. The reason why I want to apply for permanent residency is because I want to obtain domestic tuition fees out here. Any suggestions?
@Verrater: I’m not giving up any citizenship. I’m currently paying international fees, and I’d like to switch to domestic and the only way to do that is if I apply for permanent residency.

Diana answers:

You cannot. You may be able to apply once you are graduated, but not while going to school.
You can apply if you are a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
Susan asks…

Obtaining permanent residency as an international PhD student?

Obtaining permanent residency as an international PhD student?
Hi all,
I want to apply for permanent residency of Canada but I don’t know if it’s possible for me to do that now and if yes under what category. As about me I am a first year PhD student who got her master’s degree last year from a university in Ontario (I am still studying at the same place). I have worked as a TA for more than a year now and I have a one year experience working as a TA in the US. I am not even sure if working as a TA would count as a full time job.
Sorry for the lengthy question

Diana answers:

Yes, it does.
This is list of qualified occupations. Yours is on page 8 below.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment