How To Find Work In Canada

How to Get the Work Permit for UAE

People aspire to work in the UAE as there is a general belief that there is a lot of money in UAE. People feel that a few years of work in UAE will settle them financially for life. Also, since income here is tax-free, all that one earns is at disposal. Thus, the lure of jobs in UAE is very high. That is also the reason why the population I n this part of the world is fast growing. However, like in any other country, there are certain rules and guidelines that one has to follow to get a job in UAE.

For an expatriate to work in UAE, the first requirement is to have a residential permit. Its only after you have residential permit that you can apply for labor card, which is mandatory to work in the UAE. Once the labor card is in place, the person is eligible to attain employment in the UAE. To obtain the residential permit, one needs to have a legal sponsor in the country. A legal sponsor could either be a relative or the company who is going to employ you. It is only after one gets a sponsor in the company that the residential permit is issued.

As per the guidelines stipulated by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs in the UAE, this permit is issued only for a period of 30 days initially. This is basis the proof that you have acquired or are about to acquire a job in the UAE). Once you land the job, the rules of land dictates that the company that employs you will process all the formalities required for getting you the work permit. At the same time you cannot leave the company that sponsored for another company without their permission and the correct re-processing of the visa.

There is one more way one can get into the UAE to work here. Investor/business visa is issued is the applicant has a minimum of Dh70, 000 in the share capital. This type of visa enables you to be here and do business. The initial duration of this visa is three years.

For a successful job hunt in UAE, it is important to network properly. Try to network with fellow countrymen in UAE as it will help you in getting a job. If you are applying through a gulf employment agency, they will make sure that your hunt is successful. If you apply directly, the employer will help you in getting the initial entry visa and most likely, even pay for your to-and-fro airfare. While applying directly, accompany your CV with a cover letter is desirable.

A job in the UAE can be very well paying and the lifestyle luxurious but there are a few things that one has to keep in mind when one starts working in the WAE. It is a conservative Muslim society. Especially, when it comes to the interaction between men and women, one has to be very careful. Make sure you never touch and attempt to touch a woman even for a handshake. Even complimenting a woman is taken as an offence. Also, at parties or even at office, do not ever enquire about wives or daughters of any male friends. This might land you in trouble. It is needless to say here that live-in relationships are absolutely unacceptable. Take care that you do not gift anything to women colleagues or wives/ daughters of your colleagues in UAE. Since the society is so conservative in UAE, it is advisable to remain aloof from female company, as much as possible. Otherwise, you will trespass conventions unknowingly. This might land you in trouble. However, a little constraint will make your time smooth.

Immigration authorities in UAE are very particular about the documentation process. So, it is important that you remain careful about all the documents that are required for entry and subsequent employment in UAE. The absence of even a single document can lead to your visa being cancelled or refused. This will put your plans of working in UAE in jeopardy. So, be careful about carrying all the required documents. Passport, obviously, is a must for traveling abroad. The passport should have at least six months validity. If your spouse and children are accompanying you, they should also be carrying separate passports. Make sure there should not be any Israel entry visa stamp on the passport. This will get your visa refused. Do carry a copy of your marriage certificate (if your spouse is accompanying you). For those ladies who want their children to stay with them, they must have a letter of consent from the father of the children which is certified and attested. Get all documents attested in your own country only. Also, carry official transcripts of your qualifications so far.

About the author: Geetika Jain writes on behalf of, a leading job portal for
jobs in Gulf Region, Jobs in Dubai, Middle East jobs.'s foray into the Middle East is an endeavour to provide established client base with services that best meet their international requirements as well as expand our operations on to a global arena.


No comments:

Post a Comment