To apply for immigration through the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a province or territory of Canada.
- From 1 st December 2011, if you are applying under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office ( CIO ) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once you have obtained all required forms and documents listed in the Checklist of documents, please send your request to:
Citizenship and Immigration
Provincial Nominee Program
Centralized Intake Unit
PO Box 1450
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
If the CIO determines that your application is complete, forward it to the office of CIC suitable for processing. The office will process contact you for additional documents once it is ready to process your request.
If your application does not include all documents and forms listed in the checklist, it will be returned. Also, do not provide documents that are not listed in the checklist.
Note: Applications received before 1 st December 2011 and received by the visa office on or after that date will be processed by the office as long as they are complete.
- As of July 18, 2011, applicants for permanent residence must complete the new generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and to validate the information to generate the 2D bar code before printing. To ensure you have the latest version, please use the link to the application form below.
How to apply
Download and read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
Use the new application form g energy for Canada [IMM 0008]. It can be completed and saved to the computer. You will need Adobe Reader 8.1 or later versions
Complete your form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can delay the processing of your application
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all pages:
Click the “OK” at the top or bottom of the form. ( Note : Submit the form before printing ensures that you have answered all the questions which will prevent delays in processing your request.)
A final page with bar code and a field for the signature will be automatically created.
Print, sign and date the form.
Print on white writing paper, not glossy
The use of a laser printer is recommended
Position the print bar code over each individual request.
Use the Checklist of Documents [IMM 5690] ( PDF , 229 KB ) to make sure to include all other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
Mail your completed application to the Centralized Intake Office in Canada (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia .
For more information on the form of bar codes .
The following content format is PDF . For more information or to download the appropriate software, see the help page .
This application includes the following:
- Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Guide for Provincial Nominees [IMM EP7000]
- Generic application form for Canada [IMM 0008] ( PDF , 540 KB )
- Additional dependents / Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] ( PDF , 489 KB )
- Appendix A - Background / Declaration [IMM 5669] ( PDF , 179 KB )
- Additional Information on Family Information [IMM 5406] ( PDF , 130 KB )
- Appendix 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4] ( PDF , 79 KB )
- Appendix 4A: Economic: Provincial Nominees - Business Class [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4A] (* if applicable) ( PDF , 212 KB )
- Additional Information - List of trips [IMM 5562] (PDF, 23 KB)
- Declaration for parent / legal guardian does not accompany a minor child immigrating to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 22 KB)
- Declaration of Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 20 KB)
- Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 5620]
- Checklist of Documents [IMM 5690] ( PDF , 229 KB )
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] ( PDF , 55 KB )
* Please complete this form if you are named with the intention of establishing or buying a business, becoming a partner in a business, or as self-employed.